Tuesday 11 June 2024

Torrijos

My route crosses the Camino de Levante from Valencia to Santiago de Compostela in Torrijos. My planned overnight stay in Torrijos would bring about challenges. Albergues Municipales always do as any camino go-er knows. In this case nobody at home, no telephone numbers to ring, no tourist office where shown on Google Maps. At the end the ayuntamiento staff help out.

En route I begin to realize the Spanish fascination with statues and plaque names. They exist in number in all small towns and this one to commemorate "las mujeres' (the women) of the town was notable. A simply warm loving gesture.

That puncture would happen on a busy highway at the hottest time of day!







Sent from my Galaxy

2 comments:

  1. Puncture in the heat and troubles with accomodation. How annoying for you dad. I’m sure you’ll say it’s all part of the challenge and journey 👌😉 Rewarding once you got got back on track I hope . Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right. I'm reminded of the 'Running Man' film with Arnold of course where one of the contestants says "no pain no gain". It's not necessarily true.....?

      Delete