Monday 20 April 2015

Bari and ferry service to Albania

Bari Cathedral in the centre of the old town is understated and is very big inside. The crypts are renovated and deep down a Roman period paved road. The church of St Nicholas (Father Christmas connection) is most popular as the Saint's tomb is here. A castle has Norman connection. Capital of Puglia and ferry services to Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. It is a cosmopolitan town and the Olive Tree hostel, owned by an Australian named David, is a great cheap overnight stay.

5 comments:

  1. Very proud of you dad. Great pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our way to Kent for Grant's brother's wedding. I CAN'T believe you have been cycling for 2 weeks and there is still lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the wedding went well. Yes, still long way to go but 'little step by step' x

    ReplyDelete
  4. strange to see the picture of Bari Cathedral - I took the very same photo, I'm very sure, when Gav and I were there back in 2001 - I bet the town won't have changed at all...x

    ReplyDelete