Wednesday 7 September 2022

Toulouse

The lady in the photo can walk. Seriously long walks. She is on her way to Santiago and expects to arrive in November. She started in Rome in May. Her pilgrim passport stamped in St Peter's sacristy. We were able to share stories about the difficulties of getting access to the Sacristy. Most wanting the completion certificate for finishing the Via Francigena but  in her case a stamp to mark her starting point. By the way her name is Noël and she should get home by Christmas. She's Dutch.

A little cooler rising to 30+ later in the afternoon. Tolouse was swamped with students and the River Garonne offered a good view of sunset. The Hotel de Ville is a big attraction in this 4th biggest city in France but the buzz of student life is what I'll remember most.

La Petite Auberge de Saint Sernin is covered in ivy. It is 'complet' but my dormitory bed is booked in advance. I'm not surprised now I see the numbers of young people in the city.

Tomorrow my route takes me off the camino but I'm interested in visiting Carcasonne.... and the terrain is less challenging than the camino paths.







Sent from my Galaxy

3 comments:

  1. Noel CAN walk.. jeez 😝😀👏🏽 You too… big well done cycling all this way and in heat. The buzz of student life sounds good to me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Students were having a great time but it was a bit overwhelming for me solo

      Delete