Sunday 11 September 2022

Arles, start point for the Camino Frances

Land and water shifting from one to the other on this section of coastline and still busy with French holiday makers as it's the last weekend of school holidays. Relentless traffic for the first time since my journey began. 

Wild bulls running the streets in Le Grau du Roi and water combat of a sort I couldn't understand. I waited so long to see those bulls but gave up knowing most of my day's riding was ahead. The modern bull ring on the edge of the town was some compensation and the ranch riders galloping through looked in charge....

Another festival in Arles which is the start point of this (Chemin d'Arles) camino to Santiago. And tomorrow time to investigate the Roman amphitheater and maybe there's a Compostella office here?


Sent from my Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment