Sunday 4 September 2022

Orthez

Crossing camino routes radiating out of Spain leading to Paris and northern France I make my way to Orthez located on the camino route to Vezeley. Tomorrow I cross the camino origjnating in Le Puy and in Pau I will join the most southerly camino to Arles. This route is one of this group of Camino Frances routes known locally as the Chemin d'Arles. It's also called the Via Tolosana and these 'Via' routes will become a feature of my journey.

A journey to link the caminos to Santiago de Compostela with the Via Francigena and Rome. Rome connecting with Jerusalem, a fair journey of course, the current trip (for me) connects most directly the big 3 Christian pilgrimage destinations. 

Orthez was virtually deserted by 9pm last night (Saturday) and crepes were the only option. And cider. 


4 comments:

  1. Perfect evening meal :) I'm looking forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journey sounds very exciting. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s Caroline by the way. Showing me as anonymous

    ReplyDelete