Thursday 24 October 2019

Larnaca to Tel Aviv

Before relaxing there is a list of priorities to be addressed.  

Apartment 101 now had 2 bikes on its balcony, mine and the one owned by a Swiss guy Peter. The 3rd guy in our room was convinced I was a military man and could explain God's involvement with mankind. He remained in our tiny 2 x2 berth bunk bedroom all day and night. 

Finding a box to pack my bike for the flight to Tel Aviv was pressing and that went well enough. Some enquiries in advance helped.

Larnaca is one of the World's 20 most continuously inhabitated ancient cities and known too for St Lazurus who, after the miracle, spend his latter years here teaching the Gospel. His tomb lies beneath the Church of Lazarus although it is also said that his remains were taken to Constantinople. 

My fellow member of the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Jerusalem is in Cyprus and David is exploring more of the island before flying to Tel Aviv.  I've overtaken him and after reassembling my bike in Ben Gurion airport I am spending my first night in Israel completely alone within an open sided covered structure.... kinbutz style!!





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about Israel !!!
    The guys in the dorm seem....'interesting' !!
    Love to you dad. Your journey inspires xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting is a generous word and thanks for following my blog

      Delete