Tuesday 8 October 2019

Kutahya

A finished surface road as opposed to the main highway made that an option today. Raining much of the day and later gathering strength enough to flood the roads into Kutahya. 

Drenched and shivering under a cafe canopy the young man assisting inside came out with hot steaming çay and insisted I went in to warm. Truly grateful to him! Pictured, local men and me taking çay in a remote township en route. In these scenarios I'm always invited to sit with them.

Central Anatolia and there's no shortage of Anatolian Shepherd dogs on the roadside, particularly on the remote secondary roads. Usually at least two and sometimes three or four more in support.


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

4 comments:

  1. People are kind... Soaking wet and cycling ... can't be nice 🤔😐 I expect you like the hardship in your own way knowing you 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most seem disinterested in my arrival anywhere so this act of kindness was unexpected and memorable

      Delete
  2. Wow Dad !! That's moved me. Such kind folk and a real memorable experience to sit with the locals. I'm sure you were very happy to have that warm drink. The dogs might be unnerving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs roam around and it is unnerving in remote situations partucularly. When I hear cow or sheep bells I start anxiously scanning for dogs (which are protecting the herds). The shepherds are my friends

    ReplyDelete