Thursday 10 October 2019

Altintas

Rising into the sunshine from the chilly thick fog in Kutahya the Anatolian plateau begins to stretch out ahead. Less climbing for many days ahead is comforting.

Ahead by a couple of weeks, one walker David Jury has taken the Sufi Trail which is a 800kms trail from Istanbul to Konya. The trail is suitable for mountain bikes but not mine: the climbing probably even more challenging I suspect! In a few days I will be overlapping the trail and maybe see some trail walkers. In the meantime, a Sufi whirling dervish dancer captured in the revolving statue back in Kutahya. 

Atlintas is not much to talk about and simply a hotel location on the way to Afyonkarahisar. I recall Brandon Wilson making it an overnight stay in his 'Along the Templar Trail: Seven million steps towards Peace' book, walking from Dijon to Jerusalem. 




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

4 comments:

  1. So great to keep track of your journey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been kind with your thoughts thanks Caroline. I'm well into the journey now which is finding its own special rhythmn

      Delete
  2. Your journey looks amazing Tom, great to follow your adventure. Stay safe and look forward to following the rest of your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking me out Karen. I'm steadily and safely moving forward x

    ReplyDelete