Friday 9 October 2020

Reggio Calabria at the 'toe' of Italy

Le Tre Croci on Mount St Elia a high point after leaving traffic congested Gioia. The inlet created for the container ships at Gioia just visible in the distance. Looking south Sicily and Mount Etna now in sight.

Scilia, like many seaside towns, tropical and a road hugging the sea front to Reggio exhilarating cycling. 

Reggio Calabria has a highly respected promenade with views across to not too distant Sicily. Accommodation issues prevent me enjoying it fully but I'm here at the 'toe' inspired by two cyclists who had done the same half a century ago. Whoever they were I say thanks for sowing the  seed in a teenager boy on holiday with his parents in France, meeting them on their return journey to the UK.

Thanks Sandra for reminding me of the special occassion it is 🥂



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment